Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hairstyle Ideas

First, keep in mind that I'm learning how to care for and style my Cupcake's hair purely by trial and error.

Second, a couple of product recommendations:

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk is very moisturizing, works great and smells even better. The only caveat is you've got to be careful not to use too much or you'll have a goopy mess on your hands!



Style #1 is pretty easy... I wish I could get those parts even and razor-sharp! If anyone has a trick or suggestion, please fill me in!



*Always start with clean hair. Wash thoroughly. Leave conditioner on for 5-10 minutes and rinse. Cupcake loves wearing a cute shower cap.



How cute are these? Shiny Shack carries them.

I love Carol's Daughter products. We just got CD's "A Magical Beauty" hair set. How adorable is that?



Step 1: Part the hair into equal sections and ponytail. You can do it. Just think "pie". Then, flip each ponytail inside out (separate in the middle and tuck the hair through) so that the braids lay down flat. (You can skip the flip - That should be a rap song! - if you put a few cute beads on the end of each braid.)

Step 2: Braid each pony and then twist the end. Voila! Easy peasy!

Cupcake wore this style for about 2 weeks. I think for little ones with coarser and thicker hair it would last even longer.

Styling time: Approx. 40 minutes, but I work slowly.




Style #2 is much easier than it looks.

*Again, always start with squeeky clean, well conditioned hair. I always style Cupcake's hair when it's wet partly because it's easier and looks smoother and partly because of my rebellious nature. :)



Step 1: Part the hair. Start by dividing down the middle from ear to ear. Then part each half into five (or more if you have the chutzpah for it!) sections front to back. Ponytail each section. Add Hair Milk as you go so everything stays silky smoothe.



Step 2: Starting at the front from one side gather one ponytail to the next and band together. Repeat until you have one large ponytail at the other side of the head.

You can also braid or twist each section to the next, comb out thoroughly and then repeat. The hairstyle lasts a lot longer that way.



Step 3: Repeat in reverse on the back side.



Step 4: Braid or twist the last section and end with a little curlie cue.



Ta da! Presto Cutie-o!



And, a big THANK YOU to our hair model, Cupcake! Isn't she a sweetie?

Style time: Approx. 30 minutes

1 comment:

  1. U R good. I am the mom of two african american girls(and african american myself) and their hairstyles are never that detailed. Good job. Carol's Daughter makes great hair care. God Bless.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my haus!

I'm happy you visited. Please, do comment! I love hearing from my friends out in the blogosphere.

~Hauswife